- Verify that your wifi card support the hosted network
netsh wlan show driver
It must show hosted network supported = yes
- Configure the private wifi network on Windows: in a terminal
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="NAME" key="PASSWORD"
- Start hosting the private wifi network
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Stop hosting the private wifi network
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
- Show the number of connected user at the private hosted wifi network. (Tip: you can put this in a .BAT file and add a new line “pause”).
netsh wlan show hostednetwork